Last Updated: November 07, 2021
1. Information We Collect. Indigenous Roots users are not required to provide any information when they visit the Services. However, we may ask for some or all of the following in- formation when users join or register with the Services, submit content, register for events, or directly contact us:
A. Contact information, such as name, display name, e-mail address, organization name, site password, zip code, and telephone number;
B. Make a donation in support of Indigenous Roots and/or its programs. Indigenous Roots does NOT request or receive credit card information from any third party, including PayPal. However, third-party sites may provide a donor report/summary to Indigenous Roots that includes the donor’s name, date of donation, address, email, designation and dedication (as applicable), payment method, and amount of donation;
C. Correspondence and other information that you send to us; and
D. Additional information described to you at the point of collection and subject to your consent.
We may also collect the following information automatically when you visit the Services:
A. Your browser type and operating system;
B. Your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
2. Use of Information. We may use information that we collect through the Services for the following purposes:
- To conduct demographic analysis on our users;
- To provide information you request and respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
C. To customize and personalize your use of the Services;
D. Contact you with surveys, legal notices, and other information that may be relevant to your use of the Services;
E. As otherwise described to you at the point of collection and subject to your consent.
3. Sharing of Information. It is our policy not to share your information with third parties. Indigenous Roots will not sell, rent, lease, loan, trade, give, donate, transfer or exchange their names to, with or from any local, state, or federal candidate for public office, the authorized committee for such a candidate, or political party for any purpose whatsoever, except as required by law. We do reserve the right to share your information with third parties in the following limited circumstances:
A. In order to protect the legal rights, safety, and security of Indigenous Roots;
We may also disclose certain aggregate website usage and demographic information that does not describe or identify individual users.
4. Data Security. We have procedures in place to help protect against theft, loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or destruction of the information you provide to us. No data transmission or storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit or disclose to us and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information. In the event of a breach, we will notify you via email as soon as we can.
6. Third-Party Sites and Services. Indigenous Roots may utilize third-party vendors MailChimp and EventBrite for email marketing and ticketing, PayPal for making donations which ask donors to provide certain personal information, such as but not limited to: first name, last name, email address, mailing address, and credit card information. These sites are not under the control of Indigenous Roots and have their own terms of service and privacy policies. We encourage you to review them.
7. Communications Preferences. You may choose not to receive promotional emails, newsletters, or communications from us. You may opt-out of receiving emails from us by clicking on the “update subscription preferences” or “unsubscribe from this list” links included in the emails you receive. Please note that opt-out requests may take up to 14 business days to be effective.